Keeping the Church locked
We are having trouble with a visitor(s) to the Church. The PCC has decided to keep the Church locked, except for services or by prior arrangement with Fr Edmund or Lynda, the Parish Secretary
Please can I have some?
“I would like to be part of the St George’s Church community. I would like to take communion and take one more step on the journey of faith.” There is an opportunity at the beginning of September to start thinking and taking that further step in faith. Bishop William will come on Sunday 26 November at 9.30am for a confirmation service. Fr Edmund already has details of some people wishing to take this next step. If you would like to join a group preparing for confirmation please have a word with him after the service or e-mail him on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trafford South Foodbank
The regular donations made by members of the congregation at
St George’s are very much appreciated by the Foodbank. Along with the staple food contributions, donations of toiletries, such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, shower gel, shampoo, toilet rolls etc and nappies, particularly size 5, would also be very welcome. Thank you.
ANNIVERSARY OF THEIR DEATH
Friends of St George’s AGM
The AGM will be at 11.00am on Sunday 27 August in the Parish Centre. All welcome.
6th Altrincham Scout Group.
Many thanks to everyone who kindly gave Jane Ford and myself the Sainsbury’s Active Kids vouchers. The group was able to get sports equipment such as foam javelins and discus, floor basketball, stamp abouts and a super bouncer. The children will love being able to use these.
Once again many thanks.
Jane and Freda.
ON WEDNESDAY AT 10.00 AM EUCHARIST
Parking is very limited at the Parish Centre as priority is given to businesses and Play Group. There is one disabled parking slot.
Please park in front of the Church or in one of the side roads.
DO NOT PARK in designated spaces or by the bollards.
ON SUNDAYS AT 9.30 AM EUCHARIST
We do have more spaces available at the Parish Centre on Sunday, but we have more people coming to Church. If you do not have a mobility problem or equipment please use the school car park.
DON’T LEAVE IT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
We have a busy year packed with events for everyone to get involved in. The Social Events for your diary for the coming months are:
Welcome back after summer – Coffee and Cake unday 17th September – Coffee and cake will be Provided by the social committee on this date
as a welcome back after the summer holidays.
Harvest Supper – Saturday 30th September 2017 – More details to follow.
Children’s Christmas Party Sunday 10th 2017 – More details to follow.
Ten Welcoming Guidelines for all people who enter St George’s
• We will try welcome all who come to St George’s; we also recognise some people wish to be anonymous and maintain their privacy..
• We will try to be family friendly; we also welcome people who have no children or they have left home or they come along on their
own without a partner.
• We will try to make sure you can hear clearly if the PA and loop system permit; we also acknowledge people will not want to hear
everything (selective in their hearing or be with their own thoughts).
• We will try to be practical and relevant, and also spiritual and traditional
• We will try to explore questions together; recognising questions take time to emerge and answers may not come quickly.
• We will try to find time to stop and think in a busy life
• We will try to make sense of the Bible and who Jesus is, believing that God is greater and more mysterious than to be completely
contained within the Bible; God also makes himself known in a variety of ways – sacraments, people and situations.
• We will together seek to open ourselves up to discover God’s love, acceptance and forgiveness
• We will expect our time in St George’s to be thought provoking and challenging.
• We are all offered a new start each day to love and serve God and his people.
Altrincham Christians Together
Summer Sunday Evening Services
TODAY 6.30 p.m.
Altrincham Christians Together
Churches Together in Hale & Churches Together in Timperley
at Altrincham United Reformed Church
Trinity Hale, Cecil Road, Hale, Altrincham
Worshipping one Lord
through the experience of our different traditions
All are welcome
Please don’t miss Sunday worship. Our main family Eucharist is at 9.30am and there are also Eucharists at 8am on Sundays
and 9.30 on Saturdays. There are lots of reasons why it’s good to be regular.
Please let Fr Edmund know of people going into hospital, residential accommodation or who are housebound.
Revd Edmund Betts: Tel 928 1279
Parish Office: Tel 941 4037, open Tues-Thurs from 9am-1pm
For reservations in the Parish Centre: Tel 928 0530